Book an interpreter
If you need an interpreter you should book in advance. This will help make sure your interpreting requirements are met.
Interpreters are available for appointments during business hours, after hours and on weekends.
Before you book
When booking an interpreter, you must provide all of the following information:
- name of the organisation or section requesting the service
- the specific language and country of origin
- name of the client needing the interpreter
- gender and age of the client
- location, date and time the interpreter is needed
- type or topic of the assignment
- approximate length of assignment
- your name and contact number
- name of person who will be conducting the interview, or a person to whom the the interpreter can report on arrival
- onsite the telephone number in case the interpreter needs to call on arrival.
How to book
You can make a booking by contacting the Interpreting and Translating Service officer on +27 76 337 0516
Booking requests are processed between 8.30 am and 4 pm, Monday to Friday.
If your need is urgent or immediate contact the Translating and Interpreting Service Senior officer. This service is provided by the local certified interpreter
How to book a court interpreter
If you need an interpreter in court, call the Interpreting and Translating Service on +27 76 337 0516